- Donate to the Red Cross. Call 1-800-RED-CROSS or text “REDCROSS” to 90999 to make a $10 donation.
- Support the Salvation Army. Call 1-800-SAL-ARMY or text “GIVE” to 80888 to make a $10 donation.
- Donate to the Alabama Governor's Emergency Relief Fund
- Mississippi Disaster Recovery Fund
- More Alambama local relief efforts are being updated here
- WhyHunger's National Hunger Hotline connects those in need to local aid groups. If you, or someone you know needs help, please call 1-866-3-HUNGRY or 1-866-348-6479 to get a referral to emergency food, shelter, and government benefits nearby. Help is available Monday through Friday from 9am-6pm ET.
- Call 2-1-1
- Register with Hands on Birmingham
- To volunteer with the Birmingham Salvation Army, call 205-328-2420
- To volunteer with the Jefferson County, call 205-254-2039
ORGANIZE AND ADVOCATE
- To connect friends and neighbors with resources, call 2-1-1 to reach the United Way helpline
- Find a Red Cross shelter
- Let your friends and family know you are safe
- Help locate missing persons